At the time of writing this article we in Barbados and the rest of the world are in a pandemic, the covid19 pandemic as it’s called or coronavirus, these cooking tips below should help you out if you do alot of cooking.
If you are as busy as most people you are always looking for ways to feed your family in convenient, fast, yet not-too-expensive ways.
Try the following suggestions:
1. Cooking several meals for the week at one time. It may take a few hours of your time up front but will pay off in the long run when you come home each evening and have a meal ready to eat in a short amount of time.
2. After you return home from the supermarket clean all the fruits and vegetables you can. When it’s time for a meal all you will have to do is cook them or add them to a salad or soup.
3. Get recipe ideas from our website, they will tell you how to make great tasting meals in a short time.
4. Develop a revolving recipe file.
If you get bogged down by the idea of having to plan 30 meals a month the recipe file is for you.
Let family members choose some of their favorites and put the recipes in a monthly file.
Flip to day five or fifteen and there is the meal just waiting to be cooked.
5. Enlist the help of the members of your family. As soon as the children are old enough divide up the cooking responsibilities.
Let everyone take turns with specific tasks or the whole meal. Pair these meals with fruit and veggies that have already been washed and cut-up and you are ready for dinner.
6. Share the cooking with friends or neighbours. I’ve known people who cook four or five of the same meal and then trade with four or five other people.
This works best when people share the same basic ideas on what they like and don’t like.
It’s a great idea though for a very easy week of evening meals.
7. Combine several of the above ideas into a plan that is best for you.
It is possible with a little planning to cook meals that are quick and easy without spending hours in the kitchen every day.