What are some of your favourite herbs tea to use?

All about those veggies and house plants
Samantha925

What are some of your favourite herbs tea to use?

Post by Samantha925 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 pm

I'm currently experimenting with thyme I was reading its good for stomach ache and arthritis, thyme blends with others. Flavourings for this I like so far are nutmeg. I tried lemon but wasn't excited about that one.

Maryanne

Re: What are some of your favourite herbs tea to use?

Post by Maryanne » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 pm

I am an avid tea drinker, both herbal and regular. I have several herbs in my garden for tea. Lemon balm, because it is good for me , don't really like the taste so it is mixed in other teas
Lemon grass - a must for me I add it to almost any fruity or citrus type tea. It dries well and grows large so I only grow it every other year.
Mint - I like chocolate mint best maybe the name I drink this hot and cold and use it as a hair rinse in the summer.
Chamomile, hot usually mixed again don’t care for the flavor alone unless I put a ton of honey in it. Stevia for adding some sweetness to teas but unable to source it anywhere in Barbados.

Islandfish

Post by Islandfish » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Lemongrass is my go to drink either hot or cold :mrgreen:

Samantha925

Post by Samantha925 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm not fond of lemon balm as a tea either. It's great in a salve for cold sores and fever blisters though.
Mint... I don't like any of them as a tea on their own but I like spearmint for use in blends
I use peppermint in an oil blend for my hair.
I love lemon by itself.
I use Rosemary, lemongrass and cloves together.
I like chamomile but not well enough to drink a lot of it.

ashleywerner

Post by ashleywerner » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:45 am

A few years ago my friend James introduce me to hibiscus plant it was really good, drink cold for best taste.

Maryanne

Post by Maryanne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:50 pm

I have started experimenting with spear mint tea to help alleviate facial hair due to imbalanced hormones/insulin resistance. It took about 5 days before I started to see a difference, drinking 2-3 cups per day. It does work but this is only a temp fix, meaning if you stop the spearmint then the hair growth/acme will likely come back.