Barbecue Chicken Wings

Spread the love

For me this is by far one of the best ways of preparing chicken wings. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.

Recipe

3 pounds of chicken wings
1 bunch of fresh herds
1/4 cup chopped Onions
8 cloves garlic — chopped
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 scotch bonnet
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tsp salt

Barbecue Sauce For Chicken

1/2 cup vegetable, peanut, canola or light olive oil
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped green onions
5 garlic cloves
3-4 tablespoons honey, sugar or molasses
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons apple juice
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cups water

Method

This barbecue recipe is popular with street vendors.
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a blender. Rinse chicken wings in cold water.

Place the chicken wings into a Ziploc bag with the marinade and leave in the refrigerator overnight.

Barbecue the wings over medium-hot coals for 5-7 minutes on each side (turning once, halfway through) until they are cooked through and golden brown.

For oven baking; place wings on a baking tray and pour barbecue sauce mixture all over wings and place into the oven at 375 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes or until cook.

Sauce

Sauté onions and garlic in oil until translucent. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat until thickened, about 30 minutes.

Recipe Submitted by Good Old Bajan Cooking Group.

Submit your recipe for any meal, we would love to post and share it with out community, of course we will give you full credit, email us at mybajancooking@gmail.com.

mm
About Sweetsfaday 102 Articles
I enjoy cooking, what more can I say, join the group and comment on this post and let me know what you think. Find me on Facebook and let's cook something!!!

1 Trackback / Pingback

1. Best Wings In Barbados: Satiate Your Cravings - Locate Barbados

Comments are closed.