Things To Do In Barbados

Anything interesting such as places, things to do and more
MyBajan
Site Admin

Things To Do In Barbados

Post by MyBajan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:22 pm

New to Barbados or already live but need fun ideas for things to do in Barbados, here is a snippet from an article

"So many things to do in Barbados and that means Barbados all inclusive fun with family, friends or just solo.

Barbados is famous for its warm sun, crystal clear water and sandy beaches, the island of great people in the Caribbean.

If you are visiting the island, stay in one of Barbados’ all-inclusive hotels in which the island is home to the world class all- inclusive resort, Sandals Barbados.

Barbados’ hotels are world class and are known for their quality service.

For visitors, Barbados’ currency exchange rate is currently two Barbados dollars to one US dollar. Explore what Barbados truly has to offer in this all-inclusive destination guide." Read the full article here
We Love This Land Call Barbados :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Theresa Kneels

Re: Things To Do In Barbados

Post by Theresa Kneels » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:09 pm

I had a read of that article it's such a great wealth and in-depth of information about Barbados so at least now we know more than we did before, thanks cheers!!!

MyBajan
Site Admin

Post by MyBajan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Theresa Kneels wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:09 pm
I had a read of that article it's such a great wealth and in-depth of information about Barbados so at least now we know more than we did before, thanks cheers!!!
You're welcome, please keep us updated if you still have any other questions and of course your stay here.

Lana Gomez

Post by Lana Gomez » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:20 pm

My partner and I are coming home(he is from the island)this month and I wanted to share the following, always set your watch to Bajan time-which means 2 hours later than you thought,get used to speaking to strangers everywhere/anytime, Cutters are sandwiches, Banks Beer, Rum Punch and Twist are the best drinks on the island, watch every sunset and always sit in the front of the mini van, that way you dont get an old lady/man/child on your lap!

MyBajan
Site Admin

Post by MyBajan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:59 pm

Lana happy you're coming home please enjoy your stay and update us on your time here.

Susan Brooks

Post by Susan Brooks » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Barbados, There is so much to say about the place, its FAB. My best beach is PARADISE beach located in holetown St james. Food Love the Fishcakes & Spagetti and Cow (corned beef). Places to EAT CHEAP - Banana Bar St Peter on the main Holetown Rd facing Sandrigde Hotel (Fresh Lobster) A Large one for around £15 pounds sterling! SPEIGHTSTOWN The Fishermens Pub for cheap luches, and great locals. You must also try lunch from the LUNCH WAGON A white van parked on or just off the road,to mostley construction workers and anyon passing ! really cheap and absolutley delicious... macaroni pie, beef stew flying fish evertyhing for a few dollars... Vans near Sandy Lane .. or wherever theres construction being carried out. I could go on forever BARBADOS IS MY HEAVEN ON EARTH - Its such a cool place, theres so much to fall in love with and you will it has this magnectic pull and you cannot stop GOING BACK

Dean

Post by Dean » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am

Barbados,is the best!!!!! I agree with the others! I have visited the Island for many years now, I used to stay in a resort, then I met friends there (natives to the island) they welcomed me to there home, took me in as one of their own,and now every time I am there I will only stay with them. My advice to anyone thinking of going is, meet as many of the islanders as you can, they will make you feel right at home.Also take in EVERY sight that you can.The Island on a whole is peaceful and BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

June Brooks

Post by June Brooks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:47 pm

I have been traveling to Barbados since my youth, and I've grown very fond of the Island and the people who live there. Some of my "secrets" to the Island would be to visit in the off season when rates are low. There are very affordable apartment style units for rent at Sunset Crest. The supermarket, fruit stand, and discount liquor store are all close by. This can allow you to save on meals, and spend time exploring the Island. Not to say that going out is expensive. Try the Surfside restaraunt. Very casual, and right on the Beach! Cheers

Glendrah

Post by Glendrah » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Barbados is heaven on earth. From it's white sandy beaches, to the crystal blue waters, to your friends and fine hosts, it is truly a island worth travelling to. When I arrived on the island, and stepped off the plane, it felt like I was returning home, it was like I had always lived there. Let me tell you something, this island is truly the finest jewel in the Caribbean. Check out anything and everything when you're there, don't leave anything to chance, 'cause you don't want to be on the plane on your way home saying, "Man, why didn't I do this or that??" Do it, and you'll never forget the beautiful Bajan people, and the beautiful Bajan culture that is Barbados.

Miranda

Post by Miranda » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 am

Don't be afraid to hire a cab driver for a couple of hours for a private tour of the island. They have so many stories to tell :lol: and can get to more places than a tour bus. I went to Barbados for a week by myself and never felt out of place or unsafe. Barbados really does have the friendliest people in the world. I am anxiously awaiting another vacation in Barbados.